Emerge USA began as the Center for Voter Advocacy (CVA) in 2006. Since that time we have worked to create relationships with elected officials throughout the state of Florida. In 2009 we merged with a group of similarly active communities from Texas and became Emerge USA, a registered tax deductible non-profit with 501(c)(3) status from the IRS.
Emerge is a national, non-partisan organization that aspires to ensure that under-represented communities have the same constitutional rights, social privileges, and political opportunities afforded to all Americans.Through grassroots networking, Emerge aims to politically empower and train its constituents to be effective community organizers and work in coalitions to advance beneficial policies and legislation that help protect and enforce the rights afforded by the United States Constitution.
The importance of ensuring political participation at the grassroots level is as follows:
- It is very important that even the minorities voice their needs. Only this will provide a path for them to uplift their living conditions. As human beings, they need safe living conditions. They need food and dignified means of living.
- Even the minorities should be given the opportunity to express their feedback on policies. They should have an avenue to suggest improvement of the policies.
- This will help the prevention of human trafficking of minorities. Exploitation of minorities by using them in anti-social activities can be eliminated. This will benefit the whole society.
Blooming of a new world where minorities get equal opportunities is certain to happen. A day will come when they will earn and lead a joyful life using apps like Bitcoin code. This organization works hard for the purpose of getting equal political, constitutional rights and privileges.
What are EMERGE Core Values?
- Champion policies at all levels of government that benefit the broadest cross-section of Americans.
- Empower the voice of its members in politics and government through open and persistent communication with public officials.
- Engage in grassroots political advocacy by providing education and training to its members.
- Develop programs that enable members to better engage in all aspects of public service.
- Build coalitions with multiple ethnic, moderate religious, and mainstream secular advocacy groups for the advancement of common cause issues.
What can the EMERGE do for me?
- Bridge the gap between you and your elected officials.
- Serve as a resource of information through emerge-usa.org.
- Provide Civic Empowerment Workshops to educate under represented communities about the political process.
- Secure volunteer and internship opportunities in local government offices.