EMERGE (Empowering Motivating Educating Resourceful Grassroots Entities)
EMERGE, a national, non-partisan organization, aspires to ensure that under-represented communities, have the same constitutional rights, social privileges, and political opportunities afforded to all Americans.
Through grassroots networking, EMERGE aims to politically empower and train its constituents to be effective community organizers and work in coalitions to advance beneficial policies and legislation that help protect and enforce the rights afforded by the United States Constitution.
How Does EMERGE Advance its Mission?
- Inspire its constituents to engage with all levels of their government.
- Inform and educate its constituents about a wide range of domestic policy and legislative initiatives, the role of their representatives, and how to influence them
- Educate its constituents about the US political process, and provide training on how they can participate in the process, including how to seek public office.
- Inform and educate elected representatives of areas of interest so that they may adopt appropriate positions that advance favorable legislation.
What are EMERGE Core Values?
- Champion policies (at the local, state and national levels of government) that benefit the broadest cross-section of Americans, including but not limited to under-represented communities like American Muslims
- Empower the voice of its constituents in politics and government through open and persistent communication with current and aspiring public officials.
- Engage in grassroots political advocacy by providing education and training to its constituents.
- Develop programs that enable constituents to better engage in all aspects of public service.
- Build coalitions with multiple ethnic, moderate religious, and mainstream secular advocacy groups for the advancement of common cause issues.